Visible Anger

Anger spills over
my senses; red like the bull
in mid fight or flight

My face is a sword
poised; ancient samurai now
ready for battle

In my brisk footsteps
dire warning; lowered eyes
letting the storm pass

I should not be so
indiscriminate; flowers
should not fear the storm

This entry was posted in Fire, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Visible Anger

1. greenembers says:

Hahaha, this perfectly describes me at work right now!

2. wish this post came with a picture of you at work about a week ago :p

• LOL, it wouldn’t have been a pretty picture. I shoud hasten to add I didnt take my anger out on anyone but I think my body language kind of put out an ‘approach at your own risk’ type of vibe! πŸ™‚

3. beautifuldreams42 says:

The first two verses reminded me of my ex boss. Yikes!! This was wonderful!!!!

4. Pingback: I Feel Pretty! | Blog It or Lose It!

5. Pingback: Video: Holograf – Cat de departe (official video) | MIHAI MARIAN - un blog cu de toate

6. jrosenberry1 says:

Top of the evening and tip of the hat to you — I nominated you for an award. You can go to http://jrosenberry1.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/i-feel-pretty/ and pick one of the two awards. One is brand new!
    All the best
    Jen

7. thegodspark says:

I really like this poem. My only criticism is that I feel it needs another stanza to more powerfully show the transition from being ready to fight to letting it go. The last line “flowers should not be afraid of the storm” to me is very beautiful and full of meaning. The first two stanzas have great imagery. I like that each stanza is three lines.

• Thank you – that’s an interesting perspective…yes, perhaps the transition was too quick. The last stanza was kind of my reflection about holding in the anger so none of my team were afraid of me, LOL, as none of it as directed at them. πŸ™‚

8. lawsonsotherdog says:

anger can be one powerful force, anger if harnessed can be positive, if not well you know what happens….

9. purple says:

Awesome to see someone expanding haiku form into a longer poem. I love using the structure of each stanza/form and writing a longer poem. For me, the strongest image was the end, flowers should not be afraid of the storm. It says everything the poem was saying and is an unforgettable image and message. Very nicely done!

10. As always the Word Smith…perfect portrayal of anger. May I please repost this on my new blog?