This blog award is for those bloggers out there who are especially caring and loyal to their friends. It has been designed by the wonderful Briana at http://whenibecameanauthor@wordpress com , who was kind enough to include me in her nominees. Thank you Briana, the feeling is entirely mutual!!
This award is to thank you for being there with me, through good times and bad. And for going above and beyond the call of duty to cheer me up when I was low.
Post a picture of the award somewhere on your blog.
List five things that make you happy.
Choose 5 people to nominate who have been a virtual shoulder to cry on, checked in on you when they knew things were rough, or has always been there for you.
Comment on their blogs to thank them and let them know you nominated them.
Things that make me happy:
1. Having time to relax with DVDs
2. Spending time with close friends
3. Having victories, no matter how small, at work
4. Reading all the wonderful blogs I follow, and generally being part of the wordpress family
5. Each day getting closer to some of my Rome Construction Crew (RCC) goals
In many ways, all those that loyally follow my blog and that I follow are deserving in my eyes of an award of this nature, but I shall try to keep (mostly – five isn’t enough, but I will keep it notionally at 10, not counting some group nominations!!) within the rules – this inevitably means that there are many I won’t nominate but would like to, so please don’t take offence if you are not nominated but we correspond via blog regularly – I truly appreciate the support of so many on wordpress!
The following blogs are owned by bloggers who are always supportive, always kind, always there and show great generosity to others. I chose mainly to reflect those that are some of the most regular commenters on my blog and a couple of real life friends who also blog. In a couple of cases, as noted, they are ‘real life’ friends as well as blogger friends and the support I have from them in both spheres contributes to why they are on this list. For the others they feel like they are real life friends too, even though we only know one another virtually cross cyberspace. I haven’t included Briana in the list itself, but in real terms – even if it is breaking a blog rule, I include her anyway, and I didn’t individually include those she had already covered such as Charles and Ionia (though otherwise they would be included in my list)!:
1. http://mindlovemisery.wordpress.com – wonderful writer of unique, thoughtful poetry and so generous to other writers
2. http://thesanctuaryofmyheart.com – one of the kindest and most pure souls you will find
3. http://solothefirst.wordpress.com – wonderful friend of many years, terrific writer
4. http://roxistclair.com – sublime poet, tremendously warm, generous and giving friend
5. http://annieb222.com – friend of many, many years, wonderful support and inspiration and my first guide into traversing the wordpress world
6. http://caronessauthor.wordpress.com – one of the most generous bloggers I have ever encountered, a true inspiration as a person
7. http://themusicalpoet.wordpress.com – Ray is a wonderful writer and very talented musician, plus just a lovely person all round
8. http://akateraka.wordpress.com – wonderful writer and recent collaborator on poetry, a sublimely spiritual writer
9. And one of two general ones – to all the fellow members of the Rome Construction Crew at http://romeconstructioncrew.com , and its wonderful initiator greenembers!!
10. The other general one being my fellow contributors to http://neverendingstorydepository.wordpress.com and its wonderful initiator Ionia (see I managed to sneak that one in anyway, even if she was nominated by Briana…breaking rules, just a little bit, is fun!!)
I have broken the rules a fair bit with this I admit, but I have been nominated for awards by so many generous wordpress friends that I haven’t had time to follow through on (having a day off from work today made this possible and I wanted to honour Briana’s new award) – so I thought perhaps going over the nominee limit gave an opportunity to say thanks back more generally since I haven’t had time to follow through on the other awards when they were so generously given. 🙂