Random Thoughts

Random

Thoughts start to flicker
across a mind that is not
burdened with intent

Bath

There is nothing so
delightful or soothing as
soaking in a bath

Regret

If you would pre-write
Your own obituary
Speak not of regret

Fickle Fashion

Vampires are passe
In the world’s attention span
all the blood’s run dry

Politics

Stupid politics
Tweedledum and tweedledee
think they aren’t the same

Memory

I tried to recall
That really important thing
I forgot to say

I tried to repeat
That once in a lifetime line
but it fades away….

This entry was posted in Air, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Random Thoughts

1. greenembers says:

I really liked the Politics 😀

• Thank you! I can’t claim credit for the key concept though, the idea of politicians being like tweedledum and tweedledee was a popular one in academic books about politics here in Australia in the 1980s or so….still seems true to today though, and probably not just in Australia! But it just happens to fit perfectly into a quasi haiku form and tells so much in so few words that I couldn’t resist using the concept. 🙂

2. rawencounterswithestella says:

*singing* Fabbuullouussssss!!!! 🙂

3. This is interesting! 🙂 And I like the layout, very different! And I’m about to take a nice soothing soak in the bath – funny coincidence!! 😀

• Thank you! And yes, baths are the best! I actually refuse to live in a house without a bath…just couldn’t cope without having that sanctuary every once in a while! 🙂

• Oh yes I agree! My landlord wanted to put in a lovely shower for me to give me more space in the bathroom. And I said, Nooooo! I’ve known him a long time – he understands me! New bathroom on the way soon, bath included! 😀

4. Dagenn says:

I really like the last one, “Memory”. . . Gorgeous 🙂

5. Dagenn says:

I really like the last one, “Memory”. . . Gorgeous 🙂

6. jrosenberry1 says:

These are wonderful – a real delight to read! 🙂

7. Reblogged this on Creativity Untamed and commented:
    Such a great way to start a Monday morning:

8. I reblogged this one this morning. I loved it!

9. meganreyd says:

Lovin the blog..I thoroughly enjoy poetry and write as well. Diggin the truth behind everyone. XD and thanks for the comment on my blog as well! just started and appreciate the love.