For Ionia

Flickr Chinese Dragon Year Statue

Flickr Chinese Dragon Year Statue (Photo credit: epSos.de)

I wish for you a dragon’s fire
To breathe freedom to you
To raise you up on crystal wings
Far away from darker lands

It seems the purest souls
Are tested most these days
As though in exchange for generosity
Come ravages and pain
And so I cry to the heavens
Not this, not this again!
Let this dear friend find
Safe passage home
Victorious and complete

Hear me universe
Hear me now!

The essence of the earth to rise and comfort you
The essence of water, to quench your soul’s thirst
The essence of air, to gift you wide expanses
The essence of fire, to burn away all pain
I invoke all the elements
To be with you now
And bring you back to us safe
And healed in body and soul.

This entry was posted in Air, Earth, Fire, Poetry, Water and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to For Ionia

1. ioniamartin says:

I am forever amazed at the depth of emotion your writing brings out in me, but this one truly provoked the tears. I am printing it and taking it with me. Thank you, for all you do, for me for all of us.

2. ioniamartin says:

Reblogged this on readful things blog and commented:
    She is my favourite poet for a reason.

3. Wow! That’s the beauty of poetry, when the emotion felt is channeled into every syllable of every word, and your invocation of the elements is so awe inspiring and magical. Beautiful, powerful stuff – all will be well:-)

4. howanxious says:

That is such a beautifully written creation… a wonderful dedication! πŸ™‚

5. Skye says:

Helen, this is a new favorite. The depth of emotion; it reaches to the core of me. Beautiful, Sis!!

6. Amazing dedication. I agree with everyone else that the deep emotion is so powerful.

7. Green Embers says:

I like this, a lot. I’m glad Ionia got to see it before she left.

8. sknicholls says:

Spiritual and emotional. It is the sort of positive energy that will see her through. Thank you Helen. We love you Ionia.

9. A great poem (as usual) and a great thought, but when Ionia starts breathing fire, where o where shall we hide?

10. 1WriteWay says:

Thank you, Helen, for saying so beautifully and powerfully what all of us feel.

11. 1WriteWay says:

Reblogged this on 1WriteWay and commented:
    A beautiful, emotionally charged dedication to our Ionia!

12. helenmidgley says:

Just fab and says everything!

13. LindaGHill says:

Beautiful poem, Helen. I’ve been busy with a sick kid so this is the first I’ve heard anything. I did wonder where Ionia was… All this positive energy will reach her, I’m sure!

14. Pingback: For the Lady Ionia, Queen of the Blogosphere | 1WriteWay

15. Pingback: Dear Ionia | Green Embers

16. Green Embers says:

Dragon’s breath of awesomeness! I loved this Helen, thank you so much for doing it. πŸ™‚

17. Pingback: To Ionia: A Collection of Positive Energy | The Community Storyboard

18. Amazing tribute πŸ™‚