Cancer

Migrating cell

Migrating cell (Photo credit: TheJCB)

An errant cell mutates
And quickly finds its mate
They grow and grow
And so it goes
Until
You’re suddenly feeling ill

These new cells are defined
Uniquely re-designed
Proliferate
At such a rate
You see
Yourself in entropy

Surgery and radiate
To firmly stop the rate
Of such growth
It’s our oath
To God on high
That only bad cells die

I pray recovery
Will finally set you free
From this dark pain
So you regain
Your health
The greatest form of wealth

This entry was posted in Earth, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Cancer

1. I love this poem. Must reblog.

2. Reblogged this on Legends of Windemere and commented:
    A fantastic poem by Helen Valentina. To everyone who is or has battled this modern day demon.

3. We all know people who are undergoing this challenge now. Such a beautiful way to honor them.

4. Villanueva says:

It reminded me of my friend passed away a few days ago because of colon cancer, that why I composed a poem for him ” take care in heaven” http://traffice2000.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/take-care-in-heaven/

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and inspiring poem. Bless you.

5. Currently battling cancer myself and this is a perfect poem for it. Thank you for sharing!

6. Reblogged this on "To See the World in a Grain of Sand" and commented:
    Found this poem through the reblog of a friend. Really good poem!

7. ksbeth says:

Beautiful poem about something horrible that’s touches so many lives

8. Loved this, Helen. I lost my step-dad to fast moving cancer. It is a horrible thing. You represented here very well. Hugs, Sis! πŸ™‚

9. reocochran says:

Very well written and it touched my heart. So sad that anything like this exists!

10. andersays says:

thank you for posting this. My mother died of breast cancer, her 2nd bout. this will be my first reblog, ever.

11. Pingback: Cancer | andrewsaysblog

12. 1WriteWay says:

As you can see you’ve touched many hearts with this beautiful poem.

13. jrosenberry1 says:

So true … I’ve often told people that chemo is the fine art of poisoning a person just to the point of killing them … but not quite … and hoping you get more of the bad stuff than the good stuff. Great poem. πŸ™‚

14. Heartafire says:

remarkable and evocative text. You never fail to amaze me!