I’ve been having trouble on and off for a few weeks now with ‘like’ buttons not loading on blog posts of blogs I follow, to the point that I often can only ‘like’ something in the Reader page. Tonight it seems to be happening with everything, and at the same time I can’t load my notifications.Β  So I’ve been able to find comments on my blogs and reply in the posts themselves, but if I seem to be ignoring any replies any of you have given on posts I’ve commented on – I’m really not!Β  πŸ™‚Β  I have very little time tonight so can’t check back on everything, but I am not ignoring anyone, I promise!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?Β  Hopefully it’s just another of those wordpress glitches, but I’d be interested to know if I’m alone in the problem or not!Β  πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Air, Conversation and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Anyone having trouble with loading their notifications and/or any ‘like’ buttons on blogposts?

1. Villanueva says:

same here just this day πŸ˜‰ you’re not alone LOL

• Thanks for letting me know. I had hoped it might get noticed by wordpress and fixed overnight but not so far! 😦 Hopefully they will realise and do something during the day….

• Villanueva says:

Maybe you should you firefox instead of internet explorer πŸ™‚ when I used firefox I can see all the likes

• Villanueva says:

Maybe you should use firefox instead of internet explorer πŸ™‚ when I used firefox I can see all the likes

• Thanks, not sure how to get firefox – do you just download it from the web and then open everything in that rather than IE, and if so does that lose all your favourites etc? Sorry, just a luddite…also, sorry this is now not going in the right order but I don’t know how to comment in the order now that the notifications isn’t working… 😦 oh, and is your notification alert working in firefox?

2. Oloriel says:

You are not alone, this never happened to me, but I heard about it happening before. I on the other hand have problems with the Reader not showing me new posts of people I follow very often. Glitches come and go, I guess.

• Yes, hopefully they will fix it. Twelve hours later now for me and it still won’t work….so I’m hoping they realise and do something over the next twelve or so hours! πŸ™‚

3. xbox2121 says:

I haven’t been able to load the like button for 2 days now it just sits there and says loading but not on all post for some reason.

• I’ve had that on and off for wees but now it won’t load at all anywhere, and the notification thing gets caught in a loading loop and won’t load either…sounds like a few people have been having this problem in various ways for a while..hope they fix it soon…it’s virtually impossible to keep up with comments/interactions across blogs if the notifications alert doesn’t work… 😦

• tpolen says:

Same with me – finally started working yesterday afternoon.

4. ksbeth says:

i am experiencing some of the same and was also hoping for the ‘glitch’ explanation

5. It happens to me occasionally lately its been good but a little while back I was having a lot of issues

6. The notification thing happens every now and again to me. Another way to ‘like’ a post is the starred like button that comes after the post. I’ve had to use that a few times.

7. booguloo says:

I use the like button in the upper left part of the screen; as well the following button.

8. lala1966 says:

I haven’t been able to get my notifications or “like” anyone’s page since yesterday morning. IT is sure frustrating. I thought maybe it was my computer at first. There is no “support” on word press anymore unfortunately

• Yes, that is frustrating isn’t it….it’s still that way for me this morning so perhaps we have to wait a bit till someone on wordpress admin realises…. 😦

9. tjtherien says:

my Reader has been giving me fits for a couple of days now…

10. yes, me too – also have problems seeing more than the latest few articles in reader

• Thanks Pal – I often have that ‘only the most recent few’ articles in the Reader thing…though it seems to fix itself up fairly quickly, whereas this seems a bi more longstanding. Hopefully they will do something about I soon….

11. Jennwith2ns says:

Definitely had that problem yesterday; it seems to be okay today, though . . .

12. Notifications is not working here either. My reader is also behind

13. I don’t use Blogspot…maybe a good thing?

14. lynnkennison says:

Yep, I’ve noticed this happening a time or two!

15. Heartafire says:

Yes, I reported it to wordpress yesterday…whoppee! It has been two days for me, no “likes” no
    notifications. Come on people…help

16. So far, it’s been all day today for me. Pesky gremlins.

17. Liana says:

Wow, I’m glad I’m not the only one!!! It’s been happening for a couple days now and I’ve had to switch to Firefox. Hope they get things worked out at Explorer because I’d rather keep WordPress open there…where’s the petition?! I’m signing it!!

• It seems to be working now – I use IE not firefox and it appears ok now – I think these glitches happen sometimes and you are right to know they are a bit easier to bear if you know you are not alone so its a system thing and not one’s computer! Hope you find its fixed for you now too! πŸ™‚