Just a Game

Draw your gun
It’s begun

One left standing
So demanding

Truth re-framed
It’s just a game

This entry was posted in Fire, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Just a Game

1. meglatorre says:

This reminds me of A Game of Thrones with all the plots and scheming. Though, I fear my mind’s biases lean toward that association inevitably. Regardless, well done!

2. Whoah!
    Powerful stuff!! πŸ™‚

3. drgnflygrrl says:

I nominated you for the WordPress Family award, because I love absolutely everything you post. =)

• Oh thank you so much, that is so kind of you! I am not sure I’ll have tme to follow up – my work life is crazy busy at the moment so I may not have time to follow through but please know how much I appreciate you thinking of me, your support and your kind words!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• drgnflygrrl says:

I too have a busy schedule, and understand… I do not expect my nominees to follow with the whole thing, I simply liked the opportunity to thank those of you that make WordPress a wonderful place. Yours is my absolute favorite blog. You’re a wonderful writer and I look forward to your posts! πŸ™‚ enjoy!

• Oh, you are so kind! That is such a lovely thing to say! i am about to head off to work so I shall take those kind words with me like a shield for whatever the day may bring!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ You have a wonderful, generous spirit my friend! πŸ˜‰

• drgnflygrrl says:

Thank you! =) You’ve made my day! ❀ Have a great day at work! =)

4. I have nominated you for the Best Moment Award please visit http://wp.me/p2Qoij-qZ for details (I know you don’t have the time, but just so you know)

5. thegodspark says:

This felt like a modern day western

6. ksbeth says:

suspenseful )

7. greenembers says:

Having just listened to some music by Ennio Morricone, the drawing the gun bit made me think of “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”, lol. Which thinking about it can describe Truth quite well. Great Poem Helen!

8. I really love the way it reads out loud! Love the tension/drama awesome

9. Jack Flacco says:

Short and sweet, Helen, but gooood! Nothing like having symbolism used in poetry to express one’s feelings in a cryptic way! πŸ™‚

10. Chatty Owl says:

This is so touching. Made me think of few memories of my past… Great.

11. Hey. I have nominated you for the Super Sweet Award. You deserve it. Here’s the link. You can accept it as you wish. Best wishes.

12. Aka Teraka says:

You’re such a beautiful, beautiful brilliant writer, Helenvalentina. I would love very much to compose a poem-duet with you… would you?