Closed Door

Closed door.

Closed door. (Photo credit: Errol ImagesMedia)

A closed door
Tiny fear
Blooms now in the pit
Of my stomach
Running through my blood
A chill
Of the unknown

Just a door
But what lies behind it?
Muffled sounds
Did I hear a cry?

Be still my heart
And give me courage
To turn the key
In the lock
And open
This closed door.

This entry was posted in Air, Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Closed Door

1. rawencounterswithestella says:

Oof! Like a powerful punch in the stomach. I liked this one!! I believe all of us can definitely relate to this one. Fabulous job, Helen. 🙂

2. purple says:

The mysteries of our own doors, be brave! The mysteries of the doors others keep closed and locked for their own reasons and fears … be gentle, but either way, whether our own doors or someone else’s, believe that doors can be, perhaps always should be, converted into windows (at least) and preferably OPEN windows. Great little poem!

3. perfect, you’ve turned my thoughts into rhyme 🙂

4. ksbeth says:

great way to imagine the concept of fear – thanks for the like! beth

5. A2LSM says:

This spoke to me as I think of myself, at this time in my life, standing in front of a locked door. On the other side is my freedom from addiction, but I’m fearful of walking through it! Thank you for this poem…poignant!

6. at this moment i don’t know which one i love more, you or your poem

7. wanda4848 says:

Very nice. I’m wondering what was behind the door. 🙂

8. Mike says:

Many have a fear of the unknown but you have a handle on it exquisitely – well done yet again!

9. One doesn’t always know what lies behind the door. It isn’t what’s behind the door that is frightening. It’s what your mind and heart fears that manifests itself and brings the horror to bear. You chose a great platform to optimize the effect of the unknown on the human psyche. Nice!