While We Can

Let’s dress in pyjamas
Toast marshmallows
Drink hot chocolate
By the fire
Let’s tell ghost stories
Till our eyes are wide
And our brittle smiles betray
We are now frightened
By ourselves
Even while we won’t admit it
Let’s put on music
From a decade ago
And dance and sing
Words we can’t quite remember
Let’s just be friends
In total innocence
For one last moment
While we can

This entry was posted in Earth, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to While We Can

1. Ms. Roberts says:

I absolutely love this!

2. Geo Sans says:

lovely
    moment
    ~
    integrating
    all
    elements
    of
    time

3. I agree while we can lets live and breathe and enjoy every moment.

4. Ray says:

As long as I am breathing air, I hope to do all those things.

Sleepover! I’ll bring my hot water bottle.

6. You do wistful nostalgia so well…makes my heart ache.

7. eriklehman says:

Beautiful. That represents so many of my experiences in life. Thank you.

8. At last! Someone who writes poetry with depth and intelligence. Refreshing.

9. Why do I picture this as a description of when me, you and Roxi get together finally? This was fantabulous!!!!! Loved it!

10. adz25 says:

Ghost stories….:/ happy to no u got freaked tooo 🙂 i thot i was the only 1 …

11. That sounds wonderful Helen I definitely want to to do that!

12. ricky1871 says:

I like the innocence that this poem is trying to hold on to, and I like how the innocence is already gone.

13. Mike says:

Cozy camaraderie, full of youthful vibe. Love it Helen.

14. Wouldn’t you rather tell humorous stories? Ghost stories are just too plumb scary…

15. Sounds like a lovely time 🙂