Lost Weekend

UFO ??

UFO ?? (Photo credit: Djumbo)

Blink and it’s Monday
Lost weekend
A cavity of darkness
Inhabits my mind
Am I blind?
What of the past two days?
Where are they hid?

Light flashing before my eyes
Friday night dreams
Can’t resolve now at all
The in-betweens
A feeling like vertigo
Hovers above
I’m sick to my soul
As memory taunts me to sleep

Wherefore went Sunday?
Lost weekend
Fall into Monday
No drink to comfort me
Addictions are spent
Yet still this new certainty
Creeps through my soul
That never again I’ll be whole

This entry was posted in Air, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Lost Weekend

1. alchemy, aliens and lost week-ends… I am so liking this! ’tis a dashed good poem, also.

I quite like Mondays. They’re usually quiet because all the local kids are in school.

3. Ajaytao2010 says:

I Nominate you for Bouquet of Super Awards – 27 Nominations

please choose any 3 awards out of the 27
    accept it and oblige

there are no linkbacks for this award

4. invisibleme says:

As an addict, I can totally relate to the “lost weekend.” This is a powerful poem

5. It is not fair this weird time sucking thing that happens to you free time with the juxtaposition of the time lag that happens when you are doing something you do not want to do/ somewhere you do not want to be (think work)

6. WilderSoul says:

So quickly does the weekend fly by!
    Thank you for the like – I notice you have some wonderful repeat patterns on your blog background and header. 🙂

7. jrosenberry1 says:

So THAT’s why the weekends fly so quickly …. ALIENS! I KNEW it! lol

Love this poem. 🙂

8. fibee5 says:

I often lose my days, though not through drink, just my mind clouding over. this poem is so well written 🙂