I Am Done, I Am Spent

135/365

135/365 (Photo credit: slurpiesandstraws โ˜ฎ)

I am done

Meansย you may
Deluded be
I do not care
This sets me free

I do not care
This sets me free

This entry was posted in Fire, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to I Am Done, I Am Spent

1. Kira says:

I don’t think you can know how much I needed to read this today!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo

• thegodspark says:

I am with Kira! Great poem, it connected with me more than others. I also really liked the word and the flowing of the central part of the poem. I like that the majority of the stanzas were 6 lines but that the last stanza was 2, it may the ending sentiment more impactful. Great Job Helenvalentina ๐Ÿ™‚

• You’re welcome…if you relate to it consider the words and sentiment yours to help vent…I needed to write it today, so I’m glad it helped someone other than just myself!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. I felt like this for the last two weeks but about things that didn’t deserve the importance of this wonderful poem.

3. You can really feel the raw emotion in this excellent Helen =)

4. beeseeker says:

That repeat at the end doubles the blow and the verse structure gets the message across very powerfully.

5. dulzimordash says:

Reblogged this on Spontaneous Creativity.

6. Chatty Owl says:

Exhausting. Tiring. But setting oneself free.

7. K Cutler says:

damn this is some cathartic writing! Love it!

8. I loved it! You’re amazing as usual ๐Ÿ™‚

9. joseasanoj says:

Good Post
    Sanoj Jose(Author, My Day Out With An Angel)

10. Eric says:

Such sad poem—-
    the sun, it shines for thee!
    Dear Helen,
    launch thy thousand ships
    and bare your ruby lips,
    for waves run true on sea.

๐Ÿ™‚

11. This poem captured my feelings yesterday. (my characters have been acting up again) I turned my computer off and would have thrown it through the window but thought better of it. I think I will keep this around for the next time.

12. Cathartic….perfect word for it. Loved it…..it touched me.